Monday, June 27, 2011

Personalized Photo Project


I saw a personalized photo frame that said "love" with letters that were found in nature. I loved it so much that I wanted to recreate it, but I wanted it to be my own. I wanted it to say my future last name- MONTGOMERY! I took my camera everywhere I went and soon I started to see letters everywhere.


The first "M" is a pair of my chacos overlaid on each other. The first "O" is a grate on the sidewalk in Albuquerque, NM. The "N" and second "M" are bicycle racks at Troy University and in Albuquerque, NM. The "T" is an information stand with a sun-setting at the Grand Canyon. The "G" is a design from Einstein Bagels at the Trojan Center at Troy. The "E" is a sidewalk design from the Grand Canyon. The "R" is a design in the iron gate fencing at the Venetian hotel in Las Vegas, NV. The "Y" is a light post from my hometown in Northport, AL. I printed the pictures in black and white.


I bought 10 inexpensive 4X6 frames from Wal-Mart and some matte black spray paint. I spray painted the frames and attached them with hot glue.


Since Montgomery is a very long name, I had to reinforce the back with a support. You can use whatever you can find- I used a yard stick. Nobody will see the back, it just needs to be sturdy.



I love the finished product and I hope that you will go out and try to recreate this personalized project just for YOU!




1 comment: